Cross Country Skiing in Sölden
Perfect cross-country skiing conditions in February
Perfectly prepared trails await you during your winter holiday in the Ötztal Valley in Tyrol. The Sölden - Hochsölden ski region is hard to resist, but still, sometimes you might fancy another activity for a change. The cross-country ski runs around Sölden offer a great alternative to the pistes.
Cross country skiing on winter holiday means gliding through the peaceful, snowy countryside and experiencing the natural beauty of the Alpine region. The trails are all located around the valley of Sölden.
Sölden's cross-country skiing network
From Hochsölden you can get to the cross-country skiing centre in Ötztal Valley quickly and conveniently by car or with the free ski bus (twice a day). Various trails can be found in Sölden:
- Sölden / Hof (3km) Classic / skating, level: easy You ski over Hof's flat meadows.
- Sölden / Rechenau (5km) Only classic cross-country skiing, level: moderate On this trail you will also face easy ascents and downhill parts.
- Zwieselstein / Bodenegg (7km) Classic / skating, level: moderate The first bit offers a classic and a skating trail up to the Zwieselstein sports ground. Find the next cross-country ski run from Bodenegg back to Zwieselstein through the forest.
Cross-country ski trail network in Vent
- Ebenle (1km) On this moderate trail at 1,950m you will find guaranteed snow and lovely sunshine on the hilly grounds.
- Vent practise trail (1km) Because the area around here is quite flat, this trail is perfect for beginners.
Rent cross-country ski equipment
Throughout Sölden you will find sports shops, which all offer a cross-country skiing equipment rental service. Guests at the Edelweiss Hotel can borrow a classic or skating gear for example here:
Further cross-country skiing trails in the area
In Obergurgl / Hochgurgl you will find a 12km long trail; 2km of which are floodlit and perfect for night cross-country skiing.
A 50km long trail for ambitious cross-country skiers is located in Längenfeld / Huben & Gries and in Umhausen / Niederthai a 39km cross-country ski runs is waiting for you.
With this variety of cross-country ski trails you should not miss out on a cross-country skiing holiday in Hochsölden in February. Send us your no obligation holiday enquiry now.