7 nights incl. Edelweiss 3/4 luxury board, 1 day ski test of a top model at Sport Brugger, arrival Saturday or Sunday possible.
Away from the slopes
Cross-country skiing & sledging
Even if the name might suggest it – in the ski metropolis of Sölden, it’s not all about skiing. If you are looking for variety in your winter holiday, you will certainly find it in Sölden. Cross-country skiing, tobogganing, snow-shoe walking, ice skating – the possibilities in the Ötztal are almost endless.
Sölden on cross-country skis
Two skis, two poles – and yet everything is different compared to alpine skiing. With cross-country skiing both condition and coordination are equally trained – the ideal workout for all those who wish for a complete workout. In Sölden there are two cross-country tracks on offer. On the track between Windau and the Hofer Böden it is relatively flat and leisurely, whereas the cross-country track in Zwieselstein offers one or two hills.
Sölden is also an ideal starting point for more cross-country fun. Throughout the Ötz valley there are around 143 km of cross-country tracks on offer. With the ski bus or private car you reach several other tracks further up or down the valley.
Away from the slopes
- 7.4 km of cross-country tracks in Sölden and Zwieselstein
- 143 km of cross-country tracks (skating & classic) in the Ötztal
- Toboggan run Gaislachkogl: 7.3 km of pure fun
- Snow-show hiking through untouched landscape
- Winter hiking to huts and alms
- Ice skating, curling and ice-hockey
Winter sport in Sölden
For those who don’t ski but still want a piece of the action, they must give the toboggan run Gaislachkogl a go. Covering a distance of 7.3 km the track winds its way from the middle station of the Gaislachkoglbahn down to the valley. The toboggan run is one of the longest in Austria and can also be experienced once a week at night. Snow-shoe walking is more leisurely. Away from the hustle and bustle of the ski slopes snow-shoe walking is about deceleration and calm.
Together with a guide you hike through crunching snow and enjoy the peaceful winter panorama. Hiking is also possible in winter. On one of the specially designated winter hiking trails, you can make progress even without snow-shoes and enjoy the tranquillity of nature. The ice skating rink near the Gaislachkogl base station is also fun for young and old. Ice skating, curling and playing ice hockey will make you sweat despite the temperatures.
When the weather doesn’t play game...
Although Sölden is literally on the sunny side of life, it can sometimes snow and be stormy as well. Thank goodness there are some bad weather alternatives in and around Hochsölden:
- Relax and make yourself comfortable in the Hotel Edelweiss
- Board and card games to play in the hotel lobby and in the pine-wood room
- Wellness, sauna & fitness in our vitality world
- Shopping, in Sölden or Innsbruck for example
- AQUA DOME SPA in Längenfeld
- 007 ELEMENTS on the Gaislachkogl
- TOP Mountain Motorcycle Museum Hochgurgl